Pages

Vienna, Prague, and a bittersweet goodbye

Well friends... the time has come for my European adventure to come to a close.  It has been a wonderful 6 weeks, but all good things must come to an end.  Tomorrow morning I catch a flight back to Paris where it all began before flying home to Atlanta.

I haven't had a chance to blog since Salzburg, so I have included 2 cities in this post.  Vienna was good to me.  I went to the Opera 2 nights in a row and it was magic.  I read The Great Gatsby in it's entirety one sunny afternoon with a bottle of wine, Chinese noodles, and beautiful buildings all around me. Witnessed a magnificent performance at the Spanish Horse Riding school and sampled Sacher Cake (a chocolate torte with apricot jam) at Cafe Mozart.  All in all I loved every minute of my time there.  Especially since I found a book store that sells books in English!  I didn't pack any books because I thought they weigh too much... but I have missed them so.

The train ride to Prague was long but well spent, as I read Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston.  When I arrived I was blown away by the beauty of this place.  The buildings, the castles, the churches... all of it breathtaking.  I spent the next three days walking until my feet couldn't walk anymore and eating all the delicious street food I could stomach.  I love Prague.  It is tied with Florence as my favorite city of the trip.  I hope you will all one day get to experience it as I have this week.


I was giddy with joy when I saw this fresh juice bar!  Ahh!  Heaven!




While in Vienna, the 2013 Life Ball was there.  Sadly I couldn't afford the tickets, but I hear it is an amazing event for the Aids Foundation.  Bill Clinton was there apparently.





Sigmund Freud's house.


The view from where I read The Great Gatsby.



Sacher Cake... it was pretty tasty.




You aren't allowed to take pictures at the Opera, but I did anyway.


Old Town Square in Prague





They were singing Georgia On My Mind








The Czech love their sausages.




















No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! What's on your mind?