Pages

Do, a deer, a female deer, Re, a drop of golden sun.

I have officially been in Europe for a month now.  It's crazy to consider that my life in Atlanta has been going on without me for so long.  There are things I miss about that life and things I will miss here when I'm done.

Since arriving in Europe I have been...

1.  Eating more bread, pastries, and carbs than my body can physically handle.  I miss Kale.
2.  Drinking straight Espresso and liking it.
3.  Walking until I saw muscles in my legs I didn't know existed.
4.  Enjoying new friends from many different countries and walks of life.
5.  Discovering things about myself I wasn't aware of before.
6.  Becoming more thankful than ever for God's great gifts.
7.  Climbing every mountain, fording every stream.
8.  Learning how to navigate real live maps and printed directions.  No GPS required.
9.  Conquering every challenge I've laid before myself and never giving up.
10.  Knowing now, that I am who I am, and I am darn proud of that.

This trip has been everything I had hoped it would be and more.  I will return to Atlanta refreshed and renewed and filled with inspiration.  My entire trip has confirmed for me that this job... this job of being a wedding photographer is what I was designed to do.  I have found myself searching for weddings here.  Every Saturday I seek one out.  Study it.  Learn from it.  And dream of the weddings I will photograph when I return.  Even on vacation, weddings are what I love.  They feed me and consume me.  They fulfill my every desire and I am so thankful for the wonderful clients who allow me to do what I was designed to do.  I miss you all!  For now.. here are some more pictures from Austria.


I took a walk yesterday.  I walked out the door of my hostel and I just kept walking towards that mountain.  I didn't know where this journey would lead me... but I knew that it was right. I walked and I thought about God.  I thought about my trip and why I was here.  I thought about life and how lucky I am to be living the life that I am living.


As I walked I turned around and stared in amazement at the sight I was seeing.  The Hohensalzburg Fortress still glorious in the distance.  I tried to picture a time when Hitler used to stare at this Fortress from his house on the mountain top.  I tried to imagine a time when evil tried to take over this place.  But I couldn't.  It was just too lovely of a view to consider anything other than joy.


I walked until I reached another town.  I studied the houses and wondered what the owners of them did.


And then I ran into it by accident.  As I saw the path and started to connect the pieces, I knew just where I was.  I started skipping down the path singing to myself...

What will this day be like? I wonder.
What will my future be? I wonder.
It could be so exciting to be out in the world, to be free
My heart should be wildly rejoicing
Oh, what's the matter with me?

I've always longed for adventure
To do the things I've never dared
And here I'm facing adventure
Then why am I so scared

A captain with seven children
What's so fearsome about that?

Oh, I must stop these doubts, all these worries
If I don't I just know I'll turn back
I must dream of the things I am seeking
I am seeking the courage I lack

The courage to serve them with reliance
Face my mistakes without defiance
Show them I'm worthy
And while I show them 
I'll show me

So, let them bring on all their problems
I'll do better than my best
I have confidence they'll put me to the test
But I'll make them see I have confidence in me

Somehow I will impress them
I will be firm but kind
And all those children (Heaven bless them!)
They will look up to me

And mind me with each step I am more certain
Everything will turn out fine
I have confidence the world can all be mine
They'll have to agree I have confidence in me

I have confidence in sunshine
I have confidence in rain
I have confidence that spring will come again
Besides which you see I have confidence in me

Strength doesn't lie in numbers
Strength doesn't lie in wealth
Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers
When you wake up -- Wake Up!

It tells me all I trust I lead my heart to
All I trust becomes my own
I have confidence in confidence alone
(Oh help!)

I have confidence in confidence alone
Besides which you see I have confidence in me!



And there I was, in front of the Von Trapp house from The Sound of Music.  Even though it is a college for musicians today... it will always be the house Maria went to all those years ago.



I have loved my time here... but I look forward to returning to my brides.  I can't wait to photograph your wedding days and be a part of your lives.  But, for now.  I will just keep sharing my adventure with you.  Thank you for reading :).  Have a wonderful evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! What's on your mind?