Pages

Versailles

I have been sooo looking forward to visiting this lovely palace while in France.  With it's beautiful rooms and amazing gardens I couldn't wait to get there.  To my dismay, the gardens were under construction and there wasn't a flower in sight!  I was so sad, but decided to walk the entire perimeter of the Grand Canal to at least get my 18 euros worth.  I sure do with they would have mentioned at the gate that the gardens were under construction and none of the the fountains were working before they charged me for it.  Yikes!  Oh well!  It was still a very fun day.




















5 comments:

  1. Wow! Gorgeous photos! This is going to sound stupid, but how in the heck do they keep all of those trees trimmed so perfectly? Thanks for sharing, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!!!! Add the carriage ride = perfection :)
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! those lucky kings and queens back in the days. Nice place to reside at.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures! Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet that fountain with the horses would have been AWESOME to see if it was working!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! What's on your mind?