Pages

We are in this thing together.




Confidence has always been a hard thing for me.  While reading a recent blog post by Jennifer Blair Photography (who is awesome by the way... and soo pretty), I realize there is beauty in vulnerability.  To be vulnerable is to be raw...and honest.  To reach down into the depths of your spirit and pull forth the truth. 
In this business, it is easy to get discouraged.  Since becoming a photographer I have made friends who are wedding planners, event designers, musicians, caterers, etsy shop owners, and videographers.  People who want to quit their day jobs to follow their dreams.  People who love this fantasy of creating art and sharing it with the world.   I have heard from them on facebook chats and emails thoughts of disappoint.  Of fear.  Of sadness over things not going the way they thought it would.  We all feel those things.  Don't give up. 

For me, I have constant fears in my mind.  They never fully quiet themselves.  I know God is holding my hand, but at times, I have a hard time letting go of those insecurities.  Will I book enough weddings this year?  Will I reach my goals?  Will I fail?  I worry about what other people think of me.  Do they like my work?  Do they like me?  Am I as awkward in social situations as I feel?  Am I gaining too much weight?  Do I fit in?  Despite the positive, exuberant person I put online, I am the same as you.  We all have fears.
Let me assure you.  You can do anything.  If you trust in the Lord to guide you and you put your best foot forward and work as hard as you possibly can, you will not fail.  Sometimes you have to wake up early every morning, look in the mirror and say out loud.  I am powerful.  I am strong.  I am beautiful.  I am about to make my dreams come true. 


Smile and be happy friends.  Each day is a new day.  Put your life through a detoxing juice cleanse.  Break away from the people around you that are bringing you down.  The ones who are always negative... you won't miss them.  I promise.  Eat more healthy vegetables.  Take your dog on a walk.  Write down your feelings in a journal.  Be yourself.  Don't hide or pretend to be someone you are not, it's too exhausting.  Learn to love yourself inside and out.  Pray.  

I am so thankful to have all of you in my life.  Thank you for your support and happy thoughts!  I am going to start blogging once a week about weddings, love, photography, family, travel and life.  I'd like to know what you want to read about!  I want to customize this blog to support you in your journeys, help answer your questions, and talk about this crazy thing we call life.  Together.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! What's on your mind?