Pages

Melissa+Dan: The Wedding (Washington DC Wedding Photographer)

As we drove aimlessly around Washington DC trying to find the right house, we were greeted with a wave by Dan on his front steps.  We had never met Dan or Melissa in person and were for the first time putting a face to the long email conversations we'd been having over the last few month.  As we got to know them throughout the day, we realized that this couple was the real deal.

It is funny how things come to be.  One wrong move in our lives and we would be completely different than we are now.  Dan and Melissa met while reading the Missed Connections on Craigslist one afternoon at work.  Melissa noticed a post about "freckles" and decided to respond about the glorious ones she had been sporting on her face since birth.  To her surprise, on the other end of the internet wires was Dan...her prince charming.

From the first look to the reception, I had tears in my eyes like I'd known them my whole life.  Their ceremony was one of the most beautiful I've seen, with vows written from their hearts and readings from their favorites pieces of literature.  The best part of the whole thing was the passing of the rings.  Each guest of the wedding was urged to hold the rings in their hands and warm it with their love for the couple.  How awesome.  I hope you enjoy this DYI bride and her groom's vintage book themed wedding.





Melissa,

Four years ago you walked into my life, and changed it forever.  I still cannot believe how lucky I am to have found you. From your brains to your beauty, you are the partner I always wanted. You challenge me, you take care of me, and you erase the doubts I have about myself.

I promise to spend my life at your side. I promise to listen to you, to laugh with you, and to do my best to inspire you – as you inspire me. I promise to be your friend. I promise to warm you, and to journey with you wherever you go. I even promise to let you nom – from time to time.

Melissa, you changed my life. You are my life. I love you.






I must say I admire this bride's laid back attitude.  The motto of the day was "Don't Care, Don't Care, Don't Care.  I probably heard her say it a hundred times, but no matter what went wrong, all this bride wanted to do was get married to the man she loved.  Even though they'd put a sign out 4 days prior asking cars not to park at the Spanish Steps, one Buick didn't get the memo.  Instead of freaking out, Melissa took a deep breath, had a laugh and we decided to use it as a photo opportunity.  Just love this girl.

Dan, I have never been so happy to have freckles as I am on this day.  I knew within a months of meeting you that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you. You are the light of my heart.

Today as we marry each other, I promise to be your equal partner in our life together. I will work every day to ensure our family is characterized by laughter and kindness. I will tell you what I need from you as we continue to strengthen our relationship, and I will really listen to you when you do the same.  I will strive to be my best self for you. And I promise to show you in little ways each day how much I love you. 

I know our lives and circumstances will be everchanging, and we don’t know what our future holds. But it is our future and for the rest of our lives, we will meet it together.  
























2 comments:

  1. Whitney, you and Tri are an amazing team. I can't believe how good these pictures are! We can't wait to see the rest of them! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! What's on your mind?