Pages

How to make a backdrop out of fabric!

As many of you know, my younger brother is getting married at the end of the month!  I was put in charge and designing the backdrop for the cake table, and of course this excited me!  This whole project cost me under $50!  Here is what you will need!

Head to your local thrift store and stock up on all the fabric you can get your hands on!  I purchased everything from curtain panels or bed sheets in the colors and textures I wanted for my project!  You can score some great deals at Goodwill and even Dollar General if you have trouble.

Start by cutting your materials into 17 inch strips.  This does not have to be exact, but this length worked well for me.


Make sure you use a lot of different colors and textures.  This will really make your project pop!


From a Queen size bed sheets, cut long strips of fabric the length that you need.  Take one and tie it to a chair or something that will keep it from moving around while you are working.  Tie, tie, tie!


When your strips are done, attached them all to you last long strip.  This will make it easy to tie up anywhere and will make it easy for moving around. I have mine tied to my photobooth backdrop stand, which made things so easy!


The great thing about this project as it can be made as long, short, and wide as you need!  These would make beautiful curtains, or perhaps a headboard!  I can't wait to get mine home and use it after the wedding.

Happy Crafting!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! What's on your mind?